Monday, August 24, 2009

I've Lost All Respect for Sarah Palin

I know it's late in the game, but I'll throw my two cents in anyway. I had been willing to give Palin a fair look. Even after most liberals had already thrown her to the wolves before they knew anything about her. I was even critical of the scrutiny she received for lacking knowledge of foreign policy because governors don't have much time to pay attention to complex foreign matters.

But after rambling incoherently on non-existent "Death Panels," I felt it's time to abandon her once and for all.

It's okay to oppose President Obama's proposals for health care reform, it's another to use the most extreme language to stir up opposition to it.

I'm still not sold on Obama, nor am I supporting a single-payer health care system, but I do support the public option and have supported such an idea for ten years. For once, I feel as though I was ahead of the curve.

Just a few thoughts...

No comments: