Sunday, October 04, 2009

On Tap: Detroit at Chicago

Even though the Lions won last week, and even though a huge cloud has been collectively lifted over every Lions fan, and even though I'm 3-0 with my predictions, I am only now posting another blog entry. This is what happens when school, work, and life happen altogether at once.

Anyway, on to Chicago. The Lions are playing at Soldier Field. Their last road victory came there...in 2007.

Conventional wisdom says it's usually two steps forward and one step back. Then again, I've always believed conventional wisdom isn't. I do believe the Lions will lose again today. So many factors - Chicago's QB Jay Cutler is hitting his stride, Detroit's Matt Stafford hasn't played outdoors in the pros (except in college and the preseason), and Detroit still being a subpar all lead me to believe it's going to be a bad day for the Lions.

My brother-in-law mocked me for calling the game for Chicago, only because it wouldn't take much of a leap of faith to predict the outcome. True, but the size of the outcome might be more of a stretch. Chicago RB Matt Forte is averaging 2.5 yards per carry, but today he's due for a breakout game.

This one's in the bank for Chicago.

Detroit 24
Chicago 41.

No comments: