Sunday, September 26, 2010

Not Another Jobbing - Just Plain Bad Football

My Lions lost again today, 24-10 in the Metrodome. The game ended in a way all too familiar to most Lions fans. They were down by double digits, and the game ended on an interception.

Unlike the last two games, this was less close than it appeared. I did predict the Lions would win, and unfortunately the only thing I got right was the score of the winning team, 24. But what I predict doesn't matter; I was willing to take a chance of getting it wrong since being wrong would be inconsequential.

I expected the Lions to be 0-3 at this point. I further expected them to get their first win against St. Louis in Week 5. After all, they play in Green Bay next week, and Aaron Rodgers is looking more and more like a Top 5 QB.

But after listening to FM radio when I left my sister's, I can hear people beginning to jump off ship and saying the season's lost. Well of course, they never really had the season. No one thought the Lions had a serious shot at getting to the playoffs.

Then again, predicting a team will go 0-4 in the first month and living through that first month are two different things, aren't they?

No comments: