Sunday, August 07, 2011

Maybe I'll Close This Thing Out

It feels like unless you're somehow making money, or are in a career field where you do extensive writing, that there's little payoff in maintaining a blog.

I had an idea or two of things to write about, and although I felt I was off to a great start, by the second article I was failing to write a good sequel. I had written the previous article Chasing Ghosts and Gods with the hope of writing The Dark Knight to Batman Begins. Instead, the follow-ups were looking like The Whole Ten Yards from the The Whole Nine Yards.

Truth be told, there's a ton of things I should cover: Obama, the debt ceiling, anti-Islam fever, and the upcoming 2011 NFL Season, which would include my thoughts on the Lions, personnel, and of course, the ugly lockout.

I should also mention that the biggest difference between this summer and the last 10 have been how much fun I've had. I've gone and seen four over the summer, all comic-book inspired (X-Men First Class, Green Lantern, Transformers, and Captain America). I've also seen the first five Harry Potter movies, and plan on seeing No. 6, The Half-Blood Prince tonight, just in time for me to go with a friend to see No. 8, The Deathly Hallows Part II before it leaves the theaters.

Yeah, it remains to be seen at this point.

No comments: