Sunday, September 30, 2012

When I Last Spoke

Jesus, it's been awhile.  I thought my last post was in March, but I was off by a month.  When I last blogged, the Lions had just exited the playoffs the month before, the GOP Primary was getting uglier, and I hadn't re-emerged as a the Detroit Tigers fan I was way back in the early 90s. 

So I've out on a lot of opportunities to write.  I took on a second job in Farmington Hills hoping to pad my resume and make myself more attractive to prospective employers.  For awhile I had focused on trying to become a Naval Officer, but after being turned away three times, I was turned away a fourth time without technically being turned away.  (They didn't accept any new officers for my field since there's a likely probability the Defense budget will see some cuts, so it's not like other people were accepted over me)

But because I focused my energies on trying to leave Michigan for so long, I opted to give staying here another try.  I do love being in this state.  Luckily, I found a great team of people I enjoy working with (ahem, working for free), and I've resharpened my skills and added new ones.  I don't expect to land anything new in the next month or two, but I hope to stay there as long as I can, with the possibility of working in different capacities to expand my KSAs. 

I've got a lot to say.  Lions, Tigers, politics, and anything else worth talking about.  I'm going to be playing catch up for a few posts, but I'm starting with the Lions and mixing in current topics with the recent history (April until now).

-metrichead

No comments: